Kat over at Sunshine and Lemonade (who’s having a kickin’ contest have ya heard??) anyway she did this fun meme with a twist and asked if anyone else wanted to do it. And I said I did. She assigned me the letter B. Here are my ten favorite things that begin with the letter B:
1. Beaches – as in sand and sun and water. I love the beach. My idea of a perfect holiday? Me. A beach (preferably tropical but I’m not too picky). A good book.
2.Babies – I’ve let two come and live with us and frankly that’s enough but they are sweet (when they are asleep…). I will never miss a chance to hold your babies if I can, so long as I can give them back eventually.
4. Books – Seriously, I could live in a bookstore and quite possibly be the happiest woman on earth.
5. Beetle – As in the VW car. This is a love ever since they brought out the new Beetle, what nearly ten years ago. I remember the first time I saw one on a transport truck, right in Montgomeryville, PA, as I waited at the light at the mall. Beautiful. I will own one someday.
7. Blogs (and Bloggers) – Without all my Blogger friends I don’t know what I’d do. I hope I can meet more of you IRL someday.
8. Beauty – That’s very broad but I love the beauty that I see when I look out my living room window and see animals and hills and beautiful sunsets. So many I have actually found them nearly commonplace.
9. Bond, James Bond – Seriously, need I say more? (Though Bourne, Jason Bourne could also fill that niche quite well.)
10. Butternut Squash – Bizzare I know but Hubby’s Aunt T made butternut squash one year for Thanksgiving with onions and baked it and it was just fantastic. I’ve tried to make it but peeling the squash and all that was wicked hard let me tell you. So I’ll just dream about hers this year instead.
So that’s my list! I send lots of Thanksgiving wishes to everyone on this day. And I especially send my thoughts to my bloggy friends, Jill at the Perlmen Update and Carol at Northwest Ladybug. One who lives in India and the other who works via the internet with India. My thoughts are certainly with you today with the events happening in Mumbai.
And this just in from Hubby who attended ‘Open House’ at school this morning (where parents can hang around for a bit and see the kids in action) –
Outside of his classroom is a display where the kids had to finish the sentence, “Peace is…”
Boo wrote “Peace is when it is quite.” (quiet)
Gee wonder where he got that from?? 😉
*On the bestest note – Overwhelmed is how I feel after opening my Mamarazzi package from Susie at Mommy, just one more minute! Stay tuned for tomorrow’s delectable post about that!